Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a “sponsored post.” The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” All photos property of In Your Element Commerce and Elements Beauty Shop. Links included in this post are not affiliate links.
Elements of Carytown and Elements Beauty Shop online are introducing a new parfum brand to RVA this Fall – the 18th c. French parfumeurs – Lubin of Paris! This fragrance house was founded in 1798 and captured the attention and admiration of French society, from Empress Joséphine to Queen Marie-Amélie, to the Incroyables and Merveilleuses. Like similar established fine fragrance brands Creed and Santa Maria Novella, Lubin has won over royalty all over Europe and further East. As the 19th c. French writer Guy de Maupassant stated, “He’s the apostle for women, the apostle perfumed by Lubin.” [Source: “History“]. Investing in a fragrance should be held in similar high regard as purchasing and investing in a fine handbag or designer heels.
A signature scent is something that carries you and defines you as an individual. It can become the way a person remembers you or recalls certain events. Romantically, some brides and grooms choose a signature scent for their wedding day, something new to define such a major occasion. Historically, many people have chosen a new signature scent due to a job promotion or reaching a certain personal highlight in their life. Even if a person is no longer a part of your life, you may come across their signature scent and it immediately transports you. For many, a person can enjoy collecting fragrances that have specific notes to them, so they have a signature note but maybe not a specific parfum that they are tied to. Here at WorthyStyle, you’ll often find me wearing a fragrance that has one or all of these elements: magnolia, jasmine, gardenia, or orange blossom flower.
To properly choose a signature scent you need a few things – 1. Time, 2. Coffee beans to neutralize your nose after each scent, 3. A good idea of your likes and dislikes (similar to people having likes/dislikes of food or wine notes). However, time is not the biggest thing here, knowing what you like is the most significant. A good sales person like the educated staff at Elements of Carytown can quickly direct you to a scent with some brief background questions. Another major element is the understanding that a scent may be marketed towards men or women, but don’t let that limit you in your options. One of my favorite summer scents is a unisex fragrance. Another scent I like it definitely seen as “male” but it’s very light and refreshing on my skin (and that’s another thing, scents may dry on you differently versus another person). For example, I do not enjoy ouds (a mold-reacting tree resin – yum!), orientals, woodsy, or incense scents in the summertime. However, in the cooler months, I do enjoy fragrances with some light lacing of one of these more intense notes as it helps the scent linger on my skin longer. Do you like citrus? How about florals? What about vanilla? Write down things you enjoy and share them with the sales staff. They will be able to steer you in the right direction!
At Elements of Carytown and Elements Beauty Shop, they are carrying nine of the Lubin eau de parfums in store and online. These include: Black Jade, Grisette, Upper Ten for Her, Galaad, Idole, Upper Ten, Akkad, Korrigan, and Gin Fizz
- Top notes: Galbanum, bergamot and cardamom
- Middle notes: Rose, jasmine heart, incense and cinnamon
- Base notes: Amber, exotic woods, Indian sandalwood, patchouli, vanilla and Tonga bean
- Top notes: Citrus, grapefruit, bergamot, rose concrete
- Middle notes: Iris, incense
- Base notes: Musk, amber, woody cedar, Madagascan vanilla absolute
Upper Ten for Her
- Top notes: Isabella grape and bergamot, elemi and artemisia
- Middle notes: Bulgarian rose, raspberry liqueur and Sichuan pepper
- Base notes: Wood, amber, frankincense and dark chocolate
- Top notes: Cardamom, cypress and rosemary
- Middle notes: Myrrh, honey and copahu balm
- Base notes: Agarwood (oud), atlas cedar, cypriol oil or nagarmotha and blond Burley tobacco
- Top notes: Rum Absolute, Saffron, Black Cumin, Bitter Orange Peel
- Middle notes: Doum Palm, Rock Rose, Smoked Ebony, Frankincense, Sugar Cane
- Base notes: Leather, Red Sandalwood, Amber
- Top notes: Italian bergamot, Bay Rose, Saffron, Juniper berry
- Middle notes: Cinnamon, Essence of Cardamom, Peach, Orange blossom, Geranium
- Base notes: Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Leather, Patchouli, White musk, Dry amber
- Top notes: Mandarin, Bergamot, Clary Sage
- Middle notes: Cardamom, Elemi, Frankincense, Styrax
- Base notes: Amber, Cistus-Labdanum, Vanilla, Patchouli
- Top notes: Juniper berry, saffron, cognac
- Middle notes: Lavender, ambrette, whiskey distillate
- Base notes: Cedar, oudh, leather, vetiver, musk
- Top notes: bergamot, sicilian lemon and mandarin
- Middle notes: iris, orange blossom, rose absolute and Turkish jasmine
- Base notes: vetiver, oak moss and lily
<p align="justify"Each has a distinct scent profile and unlike your cut and dry mall fragrances, these are not short-lived and heavy on alcohol. They linger and they dry down in many layers so you enjoy each scent as it dries on your skin. These fragrances last all day!
Consider stopping by local woman-owned business Elements of Carytown to have them assist you in choosing your own signature fragrance. Or, shop their site at ElementsBeautyShop.com to learn more about Lubin Paris fragrances and their awesome store that carries beauty products/brands that have no animal testing. If you do make a purchase, know that online purchases count towards a cash-redemption loyalty program, and both in-store purchases and your first online purchase can help you by saving 10% using code WORTHYSTYLE at checkout. When you get home, tag your online or in-store purchases with #ElementsBeautyHaul on social media to enter to win a $50 gift card to the store – they do the drawing monthly! They offer so many amazing ways to reward their customers. Interested in more of my favorite Elements Beauty Shop products? Check out my sponsored Pinterest board here.