This post has an affiliate link at the bottom for the cookbook source. This recipe is by a member of the Junior League of Sarasota. Sorry the picture is from my iPhone.
This recipe is yet another that I made when I was at the beach for two weeks this past fall! It was a great trip. I had fun trying new recipes almost everyday that we were there.
Yield: 1 1/2 quarts
- 2 cups rinsed, drained canned black beans
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups chopped ripe mango (honestly, I’d make it be 2 cups or more of mango. Otherwise it gets lost in the peppers and beans!)
- 1 small red onion
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon light olive oil (make sure it is olive oil you’d put in a salad
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine the beans, mango, onion, bell pepper, cilantro, lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with chips!
Recipe adapted from: