This post has an affiliate link at the bottom for the cookbook source. This recipe is by a member of the Junior League of Sarasota. Sorry all pictures are from my iPhone.
Yield 8 servings
- 8 (5-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (7-ounce) can of diced green chiles
- 4 ounced Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 8 strips
- 1/2 cup dry gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the grill. Pound the chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper with a meat mallet until flattened. Place equal portions of the green chiles and one strip of the Monterey Jack cheese on each chicken breast and roll to enclose. Secure with wooden picks.
- Mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Dip the chicken rolls in the butter and coat with the bread crumb mixture. Place the rolls seam side down and drizzle with remaining butter. Grill until cooked through.
This recipe was great. Anyone who likes cheese and chicken together will love it – the diced green chiles did not add enough heat to our taste, but that’s pretty common for canned anything. Clearly you are not counting calories when you have this meal. When we are at the beach, we are very active from walking and time in the water, so we just indulge the whole week! I’ll continue to share recipes we tried.