- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons peeled and finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (it had a lot of heat so I cut it down to 1/8)
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, cored, then cut crosswise into the narrowest ribbons possible and separated
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut length-wise into the thinnest strips possible
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut length-wise into the thinnest stripes possible
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup chopped lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
Toast the sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, lime juice, honey, ginger, and cayenne. Set aside.